The Marketing Team is getting ready for the 4th and we were discussing what we wanted to eat! Of course we were...we are in the Food Business!!! This little simple recipe is at the top of our list. Find it and other ideas for the holiday on our Pinterest board called What's for Dinner & Dessert.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: About 30 strawberries
Recipe adapted from The Sisters Cafe
2 (1 pound) containers strawberries
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
6 T powdered sugar
2 T orange juice (fresh, or from a bottle)
1 C cool whip
1 t vanilla
1. Wash your beautiful berries and pat them dry.
2. In your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl, beat 2 packages of softened cream cheese until smooth.
Add 6 tablespoons of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 cup cool whip, 1 teaspoon vanilla and
a dash of salt. Beat until well combined and smooth.
3. Set the strawberries up on their green stems. With a sharp knife cut a slit through the top of each
strawberry, making sure you don't cut all the way through to the stem.
4. Cut another slit along the top, forming an x pattern.
5. Place a large open star tip in a pastry bag and fill the bag with the cream cheese mixture.
If you don't have a large star tip, or a pastry bag, you could just use a large ziploc bag and cut a small hole
in the end.
6. Pipe the cream cheese filling into the cut end of each strawberry.
7. Place a blueberry on the top and set them on a pretty platter. Refrigerate until serving.
~The Marketing Team~