Black Drum is a salt water fish that is a distant cousin to the popular Red Drum used for "Blackened Redfish". It is a great choice for grilling indoors or out! Here is our recipe!
· Black Drum Filets
· 2 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 2 TBS Butter
· 1 lemon
· Seafood Seasoning
· Salt & Pepper to taste
Cooking directions for Drum:
· Cover the bottom of a black iron skillet with EVOO.
· Pat the filets dry with a paper towel.
· Lightly coat filets with EVOO and sprinkle both sides with Seafood Seasoning, salt & pepper
· Heat skillet on medium temp, add butter to skillet
· Grill drum filets for approximately 5 minutes per side, squeezing fresh lemon juice over fish prior to flipping.
· Place skillet in a warm oven (225 F) if Bisque is still cooking.
Spinach Bisque Topping:
· 1 package Denicola’s Bisque
· 2 cups water
· 1 package of thawed frozen spinach or bag of fresh spinach, cleaned
· 1 cup heavy whipping cream
· Heat up 2 cups water and 1 package of Bisque over a low fire for 10 minutes, whisking often
· Add spinach to mixture and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes until warmed, stirring often.
· Add one cup of heavy whipping cream and heat up for several minutes.
· Plate Drum Filets and top with thickened Spinach Bisque.
* Can be served over a bed of orzo
~The Marketing Team~