Jambalaya finds it's roots in the Cajun, Creole and Spanish cultures of our state! It is a weekly favorite with most Louisiana families. We created a few short cuts along the way to make it easy for you!
What you'll need, ingredients:
- One 8 ounce package of Denicola's Jambalaya Gourmet Mix
- Three cups of water
- One pound of raw or cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces (you can substitute pork, turkey or seafood)
- One pound of sausage cut into bite size pieces
Bring three cups of water to a boil in a pot on the stovetop. Next, stir in the gourmet mix. Lower heat and add your chicken and sausage. We like to prep our meats into bite size pieces. Bring to a low boil, then, cover and let simmer (lower heat) for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover, fluff rice and check to make sure it is done. Serve warm!
Here's a few helpful hints from our kitchen:
- Running late, grab a rotisserie chicken from the market or a can of chicken - both work fine!
- It's ok to add water if your rice is not fully cooked - it's the steam that finishes the process! Start with one half cup.
Happy Cooking from ~The Marketing Team